BBQ is fun! At least to us it is. There are plenty of BBQ enthusiast out there, and with that comes plenty of amazing BBQ sauce recipes. When you feel like something simple, but with a bit of a “kick,” give this bourbon BBQ Sauce a shot.
- 1/2 cup Bourbon whiskey (like Stranahans) *make sure to leave enough bourbon for the chef!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprkia
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer gently (so we don’t burn all of that sugar).
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Disclaimer – This is not a signature brothers BBQ recipe.